Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: What are you reading???

  1. #31
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OH YEAH...Those are right down my alley...I can't wait to pick them up!!!

    Here is what My Sisters keeper is about:

    http://www.jodipicoult.com/my-sisters-keeper.html

  2. #32
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uhh...Thanks Sis...I, Er....ya know...Didn't expect you to...you know...really have video...maybe youtube? [img]redface.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    2,326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Desert Flower and Desert Dawn by Waris Dirie

    great books, a must read I'd say, especially Desert Flower

    http://www.virago.co.uk/meet/dirie_p...AG=&CID=virago

  4. #34
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm reading the ad paper from best buy, I want to pick up another digital camera. My old Kodak was a good camera, but after 5 years of use and abuse it is about ready for retirement.

    I would like something with a nice zoom, but most of the cameras in my price range seem to have about a 3x zoom. I would like to move up to a 6-8 megapixal so I can blow my photos up to 8x10 for framing.

    <center>353</center>

  5. #35
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rog,
    Jonathan is coming home today...he really is quite the wiz at camera's and was explaining the pixel, resolution stuff to me. I will ask him about it for you ok.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have enjoyed reading since my youth (yes they had books Waaaayyy back then). I think that it is great that many of you, share that love of books.

    reading is fundamental [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Sir it is...Jonathan could read by 3, he had over 500 books before he hit Kindergarten and in 1st grade was reading C.S. Lewis/Lion series. Zach started slower with the reading but he reads his Bible every single day (and can put together 1000 piece puzzle in about 4 hours).
    I'm working on teaching Ty...he knows how to count up to 50 and can +/- numbers under 5, knows the Alphabet and the lyrics to 100's of songs. I think Music will be the key with him.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They say a knowledge of music helps with math skills [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    HB Forum Owner petenv's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,984
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will start reading two Media guides that came in today's mail. Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks 06-07.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Rog...Music actually help with all areas of learning by helping both sides of the brain communicate, which is a very good reason to keep arts in the schools!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •